As the title mentioned, I am going to be sharing a chicken recipe today! It is flavoured with my favourite spice, garam masala. If you have read some of my work here, you do realise I use lots of Indian spices in my food, thus today is another one! It requires not more than an hour, little elbow grease and grease basically.
The recipe today is Indian inspired grilled chicken with honey mustard yogurt sauce. All flavours balanced one another, the yogurt eased the spice in the garam masala as well as coats the grilled chicken with it’s creaminess. It is a hearty meal to have it as a salad or on noodles. Very simple and quick to make.
I made this chicken for lunch because I was hungry and needed a protein boost, thus the usage of chicken breast. The marination would keep the chicken juicy and tender, thus no worries for a tough and dry chicken. I marinated the chicken for about 30 to 40 minutes, good enough for the spices to stick on the chicken. However if you would like more flavour penetration into the chicken, marinate it for more than 30 minutes, you could even do it the night before!
I ate the chicken on a bed of greens as I want something crunchy and refreshing. This dish reminds me of Korean BBQ. They would have grilled meat wrapped in a lettuce with a dipping sauce. In my case, it is Indian flavours. So without further ado, the recipe to my Indian inspired grilled chicken!
Indian inspired Grilled Chicken
- A piece of chicken breast, flattened
- A dash of garam masala
- A dash of chili powder
- About 1 tsp of cumin powder
- 1 tsp of coriander powder
- Pinch of dried rosemary/thyme (Optional)
- Pinch of turmeric
- Juices of half a lemon
- About 1-2 tsp of garlic and ginger, grated
- Salt and Pepper to season
- Mix all spices, lemon juice, garlic, ginger and salt and pepper together. Taste it whether its up to your liking (For example, add more garam masala/chili powder if you like it spicier) Taste it now as you could not taste the marinade after the chicken is added.
- Once the chicken is rubbed and fully coated with the spices, let it sit in the fridge for 30 to 4o minutes.
- Now you could prepare your salad greens or cook some noodles to go along with the chicken or prepare the sauce. My sauce was honey mustard yogurt sauce. It consist of honey, mustard and greek yogurt. 3 simple ingredients for a good companion to the chicken.
- When you are ready to grill the chicken, grill it on a grill pan on medium heat, about 4 to 5 minutes per side, or once the juices of the chicken is clear, it is cooked!
It is such a simple chicken dish, packed full of spices and flavours. Please I highly recommend you to give this chicken a shot! It is a perfect lunch dish and would set your tummy good till the next meal!
Well, I hope you have enjoyed this recipe and thank you for reading! I would try my very best to churn more new recipes out as I have got a lot to share! So till next time, See you!
Come connect with me on…
Facebook Page @Big On Food
Or, drop me a mail at TPG22@hotmail.com
Spread Love & Be Kind! Pei Gee