Remember my previous post? The one on the tofu and sweet potato mash? Well, today’s recipe is going to be something similar as I just used leftover sweet potato mash and made it into a patty! Without further ado, let’s get started with the recipe!
Like I said I used the leftover sweet potato mash recipe for this recipe. This recipe is basically an open faced sandwich with fried mushroom beneath the patty. I added plain flour to the mash to bind it better, so that it would not break while I flip the patty. I fried it till they are crispy on the outer ring. They gave a fluffy internal structure and a crispy external. It was a surprisingly yummy patty, it could be due to the seasonings of the mash.
Next I merely fry a mixture of mushrooms, enoki- both thin and thick, with a shallow amount of oil, seasoning it with salt and pepper.
Overall, it is a simple and easy meal. The mash does not take a lot of time to make, it is pack full of complex carbohydrates and beta-carotene, which is excellent for the eyesight. Mushrooms are low in calorie, not much fat in them, which makes them super super food. This meal can be eaten as breakfast or lunch, whichever you desire. You could change it up by adding cheese and caramelised onions or salsa would give the sandwich a fresh kick. A sandwich is a mashup of your favourite things combined, so be loud with your creativity when making a sandwich!
Sweet Potato Patty Sandwich
- A bowl of Sweet Potato Mash
- About 1-2 tablespoon of plain flour
- A handful of choice of mushrooms
- Salt and Pepper
- Fresh greens to give your sandwich a crunch
- A slice of your choice of bread (I went with wholemeal bread)
- Add plain flour to the sweet potato mash. Mix till combined, then form a patty using your hands. (Best time for your kids to join in)
- On a non-stick frying pan, add a splash of oil and add patty onto the frying pan. Fry till sides are a little burnt, or more if you like it more crispy.
- While the patty are browning, add toast into toaster or the grill to toast the slice of bread.
- After the patty are done, on the same frying pan, add mushrooms and season with salt and pepper.
- Once your toast is toasted, layer a bed of greens then your mushrooms and lastly your patty!
A simple quick fix of all my favourite food. Well, I hope you have enjoyed the recipe today. I got a little free time on hand as it is Singapore’s Birthday today, 9th of August. I would like to wish Singapore a Happy Grand Birthday. And very grateful of the public holiday that I get to recharge myself and write to you. So, thank you for reading and till next time, See you!
Spread Love & Be Kind! Pei Gee
Come get social with me on…
Or, Drop me an email at TPG22@hotmail.com