Okay, that was my go on a pun in the title, it is really lame but hope you like it!
It has been a while since I wrote about food, therefore I am back with a healthy recipe! As always right? HAHA! Without further ado, let’s begin!
It started with having brown button mushroom and brown rice in the refrigerator. I did not want any mediocre lunch, therefore I brainstormed a little and decided to do Stuffed Mushrooms! It is not difficult, fairly simple and delicious!
Firstly, the stuffing! You could prepare way ahead of time, no mess, no fuss required! You could pretty much use whatever leftover veggies you have in your fridge! My stuffings were leftover brown rice, yellow bell peppers and onions! I threw in the stalks from the mushroom as well. Oh! I added shredded parmesan cheese for the taste and texture, do omit this if you would like a vegan option. To give it more texture without the cheese, add breadcrumbs. It would add crispiness and crunchiness.
I then seasoned the stuffings with herbs (I used Italian herbs), olive oil, salt and pepper! Give it a toss with the seasoning and you are pretty much settled with the stuffing. You could do this way ahead of time and store it in the fridge.
It is a very easy recipe to do, really no fuss with the ingredients. Use whatever you have at home but do purchase fresh mushrooms! These little guys are meatless and pack full of Vitamin B and fiber! You could treat this as an appetizer or a simple and light lunch!
- 1/2 cup cooked brown rice (Or any grains of your choice, such as couscous, barley)
- 1/4 white onion, diced
- 1/4 yellow bell pepper, diced (or red, green)
- Handful of parmesan cheese
- Mushroom stalks, cleaned and diced
- 2-3 tablespoon of olive oil
- Salt, pepper and herbs
Choice of mushroom that would be suitable for stuffing
- White/Brown button mushroom (The one I used)
- Portobello- Scrape the gills away and lay a thin layer of stuffing with cheese.
Crimini, similar to button mushrooms
- Clean mushrooms and remove stalks
- Toss all stuffing ingredients together, mix well and season to your liking
- Stuff mushrooms till they are overflowing with great stuffing!
- Top the mushroom with more cheese on greased baking dish
- Pop the baking dish in an oven, set at 200 degree C at 15-20 mins or till the cheese starts to brown.
- Serve with salad or eat it as a snack!
This is one of my favourite meatless recipe and I hope it would be yours as well! Thank you for reading and see you next time, Ciao~
Stay Brightly Positive & Bake on! Xoxo, Pei Gee
Connect with me on social media @
Pinterest @Peigee Tan