Hey all, I am back with the 2nd post for today! And I would be sharing an Asian recipe today, but with minimal ingredients. So let’s begin!
I created this recipe as I rummaged through my kitchen fridge that day. We had leftover lettuce and tofu in the fridge, therefore I created the recipe! This is a lettuce salad wrap recipe!
Lettuce Salad Wrap
- Romaine lettuce (The bigger the leaves, the easier to get your mouth filled with all the ingredients)
- Half of a red chili (More if you like it spicier)
- Half firm tofu
- Half carrot and cucumber
- Some parsley, basil and mint
- a handful of vermicelli noodles
- About 1 tablespoon of sesame oil
- 1 cup of white vinegar
- A heap 1/2 tablespoon of salt
- 2-3 tablespoon Thai chili sauce
- Slice carrot and cucumber into paper thin slices. Soak in white vinegar and salt mixture. Leave it aside on tabletop or in the fridge
- Soak vermicelli noodles in boiling water, till soften. After it softens, remove noodles and pour about 1 teaspoon of sesame oil onto noodles, to prevent it from sticking.
- Slice firm tofu and soak in water that was used to cook the noodles.
- Cut the chili into thin strips, removing the seeds.
- In a large mixing bowl, place noodles, tofu, chili and herbs together. Toss it with the leftover sesame oil and thai chili sauce.
- To assemble, grab a massive lettuce leaf, place the salad mixture, adding the carrots and cucumber last.
- Serve with more herbs at side with lime wedges!
There are many variations of this recipe, most lettuce wrap recipe require fish sauce, but fish sauce require acquired taste, and if I have a choice, I would leave the ingredient out. Therefore I substituet it with thai chili sauce. You could also sprinkle chopped peanuts on top of the wrap to add texture to the dish.
It is such an easy meal to make, it keeps you full, provide all the nutrients you need!
Thank you taking your time here and till tomorrow, Ciao~