The ingredients are household ingredients which make this recipe suitable for the festive season as you could make a big batch of it and impress your guest and keep them satisfied!
I made a little changes to the recipe such as microwaving the chocolates instead of making a ganache. It is a faster and cheaper method.
Firstly, the most important part of this dessert is the choux pastry! But fret not, choux pastry are very simple to make.
- 1 cup water
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 eggs, plus 1 extra, if needed
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
- In a large saucepan, bring the water, butter, salt and sugar to a rolling boil over medium-high heat.
- When it boils, immediately take the pan off the heat. Stirring with a wooden spoon, add all the flour at once and stir hard until all the flour is incorporated, 30 to 60 seconds.
- Return to the heat and cook, stirring, 30 seconds.
- Scrape the mixture into a mixer fitted with a paddle attachment (or use a hand mixer). Mix at medium speed.
- With the mixer running, add 3 eggs, 1 egg at a time. Stop mixing after each addition to scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- Mix until the dough is smooth and glossy and the eggs are completely incorporated. (The dough should be thick, but should fall slowly and steadily from the beaters when you lift them out of the bowl.) If the dough is still clinging to the beaters, add the remaining 1 egg and mix until incorporated.
- Using a pastry bag fitted with a large plain tip, pipe fat lengths of dough (about the size and shape of a jumbo hot dog) onto the lined baking sheet, leaving 2 inches of space between them. You should have 8 to 10 lengths.
- Bake them for about 10 to 12 minutes or till the puffs are no longer sticking on the baking tray.
Choux Pastry is from Food Network!
Next is the filling, I merely just used whipped cream to fill the pastry puff up. It is just heavy whipping cream and icing sugar! My ratio for it are 1 cup of whipping cream to 2 to 3 tablespoon of icing sugar.
Lastly, it is the chocolate coating. I was getting lazy by this point, therefore I made the coating using a microwave by melting the chocolates, taking them out of the microwave in 30 secs interval for stirring.
After you have coated the puffs in chocolate, place them into the fridge to chill as they are best eaten cold.
And there you have it! Glorious dessert which are a winner in my family! I hope you have enjoyed this recipe and please enjoy making it as well!
THANK YOU FOR READING AND TILL NEXT TIME, CIAO~