Hi guys! I am back with the second part of the crumble series! This time, I am here to share about my pear and apple crumble! It holds the same crumble topping, just a different filling, a little less sweet and it taste like Christmas! So, let’s begin!
In the previous crumble post, I wrote about the crumble topping, therefore I would link the recipe here for your reference. Today, I would talk about the filling!
The filling for today’s recipe are apples and pear. A perfect combination. I added cinnamon and nutmeg to make it smell and taste like Christmas! And I am definitely baking this crumble for Christmas.
So for the filling, I made a slight mistake of cutting the apples and pears too big. I could have sliced it as the flavours would penetrate easily into the fruits. And one more thing to note is when buying the pears, it has to be hard as the baking would soften the pears.
Pear and Apple Crumble filling
- 3 Apples, peeled and sliced (Green or red)
- 3 Hard Pears, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, (use granulated sugar if you only have that in your pantry)
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon (I love cinnamon therefore I used more)
- Pinch of nutmeg
- Pinch of salt
- Place apples and pears in a large mixing bowl.
- Pour brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt onto apples and pears and mix
- Let them sit in the fridge for at least 15 mins, to allow the sweet juices to be extracted out.
- When ready to assemble the crumble, pour apples and pears, plus juices into the baking dish.
- The baking time for this crumble is also 30-45 minutes as the top of the crumble must brown to give it texture and taste!
My Pear and apple crumble was not as sweet as the Berry crumble, however I enjoyed this better! This crumble was a success and I cannot wait to share my last crumble recipe! Stay tune to find out what is the last crumble recipe and till then, Ciao~