8 things I learned by the age of 18,
- Doing things that makes me happy, not for the sake of others. Often I found myself doing things for others for their happiness, while I found little joy in doing. Therefore I learnt that I should say ‘No’ to doing something I would not enjoy.
- Do not hold grudges. They would only give lines on the face. 🙂
- The truth hurts. No matter good or bad, the truth would always hurt.
- Perspective. I made a little post on Perspective a while ago, from my point of view and my thoughts. And I also came to a conclusion that in order to grow and think maturely, everything has individual perspective and thoughts should be from all perspective.
- Be upset/mad/unhappy for only 5 seconds. Allow yourself to be in a foul mood for only 5 seconds, life is not worth to stay miserable for a long period of time.
- When complaining, consider the fact that others might have it worse than you. For example, I used to constantly complain about school. However on this planet, some others might not even have the chance to step into school, therefore I complained lesser, or maybe trying my best not to complain at all.
- Never apologize being you.
- It is exciting stepping out of your comfort zone. I was one who was used to be afraid of trying new things. But after a while, I thought to myself ‘If I never try I would never know’, therefore I decided to venture and try new things one step at a time. Whenever a new opportunity comes, I would be looking forward to it right now! Fear is for the weak.
As I am approaching the age of 18, I would take all this lessons with me into the future and make more mistakes and gain more knowledge on life lessons! 😀
Thank you for reading and I truly appreciate your time here. Thank you and till the next time, Ciao~