Hello! Once again, I am speaking about the topic on eating green. I think this is a topic not many people can relate to as friends around are huge meat-lover! Whenever I order a vegetarian dish, they would be looking at me weirdly, some even said they were disappointed that I went for the vegetarian option. They do not understand the reason why I chose the green path, the answer is simple! The grass is greener on the other side! PUN INTENDED! 5 simple reason why I would always chose plant base diet over meat, though I still could not find the courage to completely sacrifice meat.
- Plant has NO CHOLESTEROL! ZERO! I have been trying to keep my diet healthy and therefore consuming plant is a good way!
- Sodium level is low in plants. Let’s think about our future. With a high sodium diet, chances of getting hypertension are way more than consuming food items that are low in sodium.
- I love the crunchiness and colours on plants! To make my dishes beautiful, I would at least have a plant on that dish to beautify it. It is just appealing to the eyes!
- Treating my body better. Being a student, staying up till late is a norm; doing that already damaged my body. Therefore giving the body the right nutrients and vitamins is the best I can do for the body.
- You can eat it raw or cooked! (For most vegetables..) The diversity of eating plants are endless! You can eat the leaves, stem, roots and even the flowers! Deep-frying, baking or poaching and many many more. The variety of having a plant-based diet are infinite.
One disclaimer though! I am not a vegetarian, however I PREFER a plant-based diet over meat, but from time to time, I still indulge in beef, pork and lamb. I am just the happiest when consuming plants! So here are my point of view on having a plant-based diet, What are your views on food? I hope you have enjoyed this post and find it convincing enough for you to eat your veggies! Till the next time,Ciao~