Sorry for the wait for this series as it has been a rather hectic week.
This post is going to be about how I made breakfast with just 4 ingredients that are within the $8 budget for both breakfast and lunch! So here goes…!
In my previous post (Breakfast and Lunch for under $8, Part 1), I showed you the shopping! Now it’s time to show you the cooking! This is a very easy recipe which simply requires about 20 minutes for prepping and another 10 minutes for baking! So in total, 30 minutes minimum. Okay! Without any further ado, here’s what I cooked for breakfast!
However before I start the cooking, I would love to clarify that the basic seasonings are available! Salt, pepper and oil.
So for breakfast, I made ….. Baked eggs! Here are the ingredients I used!
Please do not use all the ingredients up as you have to save some for lunch…
Firstly, I cracked 3 egg in a measuring jug as it would make my ‘pouring’ job later much easier. Whisked them up and leave it aside while I cut my veggies! Add a little water into the eggs for a fluffier look and salt and pepper for flavour!
Slice the red and yellow capsisum into stripes, then dice into small cubes! Same goes to the carrots and onions!
I threw all my diced vegetables into the measuring jug and poured the mixture into the heavily greased muffin tray!
I filled a total of 7 holes in the baking tray, which was more than enough for a person’s breakfast! I baked it in a preheated oven @ 175 degree C for 10 minutes! And TA-DA!
They were gorgeous and delicious!! I ate them with ketchup/tomato sauce and it was so yummy!!! I cannot wait to prepare this for breakfast again because it is cheap, healthy and delicious! I was stuffed when I finished the 3 one.
Healthy Baked Muffin Eggs recipe!
- 3 eggs (2 eggs if you want lesser portions)
- Half red onion
- 1/4 red and yellow capsicum
- 1/3 carrot
- Salt and Pepper for seasoning
- About 2-3 tablespoon of water
- Preheat oven at 175 degree C (350 F)
- Crack eggs into measuring jug. Whisk them thoroughly.
- Add water while whisking the eggs. Season eggs with salt and pepper.
- Slice the capsicum, carrots. Then dicing them into small cubes
- Dice the red onions into small small cubes.
- Toss all vegetables into the measuring jug and mixing them till all veggies are incorporated!
- Grease the muffin tray, then pour the egg mixture till about 2/3 of the compartment!
- Let the eggs do their magic in the oven for 10 minutes and Viola! Breakfast is served! Accompany your eggs with tomato sauce or a sauce to your liking!
I really hope you have enjoyed this breakfast recipe and tune in next week for the lunch recipe! I was really full and I hope you are too! Till the next time, Ciao~