About 2 weeks ago, I had a crazy craving for pizzas! But I did not want the pizza to be a take-out or a delivery. So I made my own! I did not buy ingredients specially for this pizza making, I merely used what I had at home! It is fast, easy and fun!
It was my very first time making pizza at home, therefore I feared that the dough might not rise correctly but excited at the same time. I got my recipe for the pizza dough in a cookbook I bought months ago, so I guess it was meant to be for making pizza now…? Oh well! Let’s just get to the recipe for the pizza crust! I did the dough a night before and let it to prove overnight in the fridge, covered. I did so as the next day, I could just roll out the dough and assemble my pizza!
- 1 teaspoon active dry yeast
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/3 cup virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 1 1/2 cups warm water
- Pour warm water into a bowl. Sprinkle the yeast over the water.
- Combine the flour and salt in a mixing bowl
- With an electric mixer on low speed, drizzle in the olive oil until just incorporated
- Stir the yeast/water mixture
- And drizzle it into the flour/oil mixture until the dough forms a ball
- Drizzle a little olive oil into a clean bowl. Toss the ball of dough in the bowl and turn over to coat in oil
- Cover the bowl with a moist kitchen towel and set in a warm place for 1 to 2 hours, or cover with plastic wrap and store in the fridge for up to 2 days.
- When you are ready to use the dough, cut the dough if you want a personal pizza and stretch the dough with your hands.
Throughout the whole process, I used my hands as I wanted to feel the dough and control the amount of oil added.
I had everything I wanted on my pizza ready before I rolled out the dough. I used tomato sauce which was actually for pasta, but it worked perfectly fine on pizza! I sliced some fresh mushrooms, diced bell peppers of yellow, green and red colour, halved cherry tomatoes and the most important ingredient, shredded mozzarella cheese.
I wanted to have some protein in my pizza therefore there was an addition of bacon!
I shall end my post here. I really hope that you have enjoyed my post and hope that you would give this recipe a try as it was delicious and cheesy and Mmmm, MAMAMIA! Till the next time, Good luck & Have Fun!