Hello!! I’m back with another banana recipe!! This time it is a muffin recipe. This sweet treat has different texture to it. For example crunchy from the pecan nuts and mushiness from the mashed bananas. This is my go-to breakfast muffin! This muffin would go really well with a cup of coffee or tea or milk! It also provides the nutrients I need. From the pecan nuts, I get vitamins from the B group, A group and E group. 90% of the fat content in pecans are unsaturated fats! From the bananas, I would feel more energise throughout the day! The muffins are quite filling,so it would keep me full till lunchtime.
So enough talking, and let’s get down to the recipe!
Banana nut muffin
- 3 large ripe bananas, mashed
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- ⅓ cup butter, melted
- 1½ cup flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup pecan halves, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (175 Degree C) and prepare a 12 cup muffin tin with paper liners or baking spray
- In a small bowl combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and pecans
- In a large bowl combine sugar and bananas
- Add in the egg and mix well
- Stir in the melted butter gradually
- Dump the flour mixture into the wet mixture
- Stir until just combined and stop (be sure to not over mix)
- Fill the muffin tins and place in the oven
- Bake for 20 to 25 min in a standard muffin tin 30-35 min using larger baking cups
- Muffins are done when a toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the center
P.S. Add more nuts if you would like more crunch to your muffin.
What I really love about this recipe is that it is very easy to make, ingredients are accessible at any supermarket and I love the different textures in it. The muffins are light and airy and it brings out the banana flavour and the pecans are evident in every bite.
I hope you would enjoy this banana recipe as much as I did. And I really wish that I turned non-banana lovers into somewhat a banana lover! Till next time, Good Luck & Have Fun!