Cheesecake is loved by mostly everyone. From New York Cheesecake to unbaked cheesecake, the creamy and sweet delicacy would melt everyone’s heart. My guilty-pleasures are cheesecake. I could eat slice after slice everyday. Okay, everyday is a little too much, let’s say monthly! I could devoured cheesecake in a blink of an eye with a cup of tea. My aunt is a big fan of my cheesecake. Whenever we meet, she would always request for me to bake a cheesecake especially for her. I’m deeply grateful for the support, even if it’s only from my family. When I heard the news of her sharing my cheesecake with her colleague, I was beaming from ear to ear when she told me her colleague praised my cheesecake and she was left with very little to eat herself. It was a pleasant thing to hear as my baking is loved from many.
So today, I would like to share my ultimate cheesecake recipe!
The original recipe are for mini cheesecake, however I reconstructed it to a cake-like cheesecake.
2-8oz. pkg. cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
2-3 tsp fresh lemon juice
1 tsp. lemon rind (for extra lemon flavor, optional*)
12 Digestive biscuits
3 tablespoon melted unsalted butter
Blueberry sauce: (Optional)
2 cups of fresh blueberries
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 tbsp. cornstarch
1-2 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
Strawberry sauce: (Optional)
2 cups fresh strawberries
1/2 tsp. salt
2 tsp. cornstarch
1. Line baking pans with butter or baking paper.
2. Crush the digestive biscuits till its resembles breadcrumbs and pour in melted butter to bind the biscuits to create the base.
3. Press the biscuits on your baking tray, pop it into the fridge till your cheesecake batter is done and ready to bake!
2. Beat together the cream cheese and granulated sugar then add in vanilla extract, fresh lemon juice and eggs. Mix until batter is smooth.
3. Fill each paper liner 2/3 full with cheesecake batter.
4. Bake in preheated 325F (165 degree C) oven for 20 minutes or till skewer inserted comes out clean. Place on wire racks to cool
1. Add fresh blueberries, sugar, cornstarch and lemon juice into a small saucepan. Cook on low heat for 5-10 minutes until mixture thickens.
2. Cool slightly, then top in the centers of the baked mini cheesecakes.
1. Add strawberries, salt and cornstarch into a small saucepan. Cook on low heat for 5-10 minutes until mixture thickens.
2. Cool slightly, then pour a layer over the baked mini cheesecakes.
For the best taste, place them cool in the fridge for a couple hours or overnight before serving.
I too tried the mini cheesecake with the blueberry sauce.
I obtained this cheesecake recipe from http://www.joyceyvonna.com/ ! She’s a Youtuber as well , @ joyceyvonne . She makes really cool and pretty pastry! And I keep going back for more interesting recipes!
There were a few mistakes I made while doing these cheesecakes and have yet to find the answer. Whenever I bake these cheesecakes, a few of them would sink in after they are cooled. I have no idea why is that so, therefore I would keep trying and practicing till I get a cheesecake that would not sink in. Or if you have the answer, do comment and help me achieve a cheesecake without a depth.
For those cheesecake lovers out there, baking cheesecake is not tough. Once you pick up the whisk and try baking, I believe you would have a great time baking your cheesecake. Good luck & Have fun.