You must be wondering what movie got to do with food… Well, it got nothing to do with food! This post is totally non-food related, I merely want to do a movie review on a film I recently watched. So here goes my review….Summary of the movie: The story of a privileged girl (Gabriella Wilde) and a charismatic boy (Alex Pettyfer) whose instant desire sparks a love affair made only more reckless by parents trying to keep them apart. (Copyrights reserved to Universal Studios 2014, http://www.endlesslovethemovie.co.uk/ ) You may think Endless Love is some cliché love story about a guy and girl finding love. However, I beg to differ. Endless Love portray that sometimes love, is just a necessity in life. In the film, Alex Pettyfer fought with all his will and might, to just be with Gabriella Wilde after high school. And in my perspective, that scene is so charming and captivating. Of course I be dreaming one day, a guy like this would do the very same for me but for now, let me trance in my own bubble. Moreover, this film included an overprotective father and a superficial loving family . It certainly gave the film more engaging factor to it. So that’s why, here are 5 reasons you should check out Endless Love ~
- Alex Pettyfer is in the film !!! I have been obsessing about him since the movie ‘I Am Number Four’. I’m still waiting for the sequel that they tend to say they’re coming with… The other films he have been in are ‘In Time’ and ‘Magic Mike’. He is one of the reason I watch Endless Love! 😀
- The importance of family. 15 minutes into the film, I realise that family maybe superficial but there was still love in the around. It sparked to me that no matter where you go or where you are, family will always be there for you and their love is never ending. They may not be supporting you in different aspects but they know what’s the best for you.
- Love. This movie gave me a good cry and laugh. I’m a romance and comedy person, not an action or sci-fi person.
- The soundtrack of the film! After I watched the film, I went home straight and downloaded the full soundtrack of Endless Love. It felt really pleasant when I was watching the film, the melody was amazing and I wanted to hear more. However, the genre is indie, it might not suit everyone’s music taste but give it a try! My favourite track is Pumpin’ Blood by NONONO!
(Credits to http://opuslabel.com/ )
5. It is relatable to us, teens! There’s an overprotective dad, a dreamy guy who you want to be with, friends who party hard and an education to pursue. What’s more to say…
After the movie, I processed the film and decided to put it on my top list for a romance film! You should check it out because I had great fun watching it. Hope you had a great time reading this review as much as I did and see you on Saturday for another post..
One question I pounder after the film, Would I give up family for love…?